Subject: Re: NetBSD on Crusoe?
To: The Crypto Tiger <stripes@tigerlair.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/06/2002 06:15:30
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, The Crypto Tiger wrote:

> I've been thinking about getting one of the new Fujistu's with the
> Crusoe processor, and I'm wondering if there is a successful port
> to it.

It's just an i386. I've been running NetBSD quite successfully on
my Toshiba Libretto L2 for a while now. The only Crusoe problem is
related to me not committing my tweak to print the real CPU speed,
rather than the current CPU speed on boot. (I.e., if it happens to
be running at 477 MHz, at the time, it prints that rather than 600
MHz, which is the maximum at which the CPU will run.)

The only pain really comes with missing device drivers, which is
just something that you live with on laptops, for the most part.
But with ACPI support coming in (right, Jason? :-)) that's going
to be fixed soon too.

cjs