Subject: Re: NetBSD on Crusoe?
To: None <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/05/2002 17:16:07
On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 09:05:44PM +0000, The Crypto Tiger wrote:
> Hi all,
> I searched the mailing lists and google, and I didn't find anything
> on this.
> I've been thinking about getting one of the new Fujistu's with the
> Crusoe processor, and I'm wondering if there is a successful port
> to it.

A "port"?  The Crusoe executes i386 instructions directly, and the machines
that use the Crusoe processor generally are laptop PCs.

As I recall, you asked on port-i386 if anyone was using the particular
Fujitsu machine you were looking at, and, evidently, nobody was.  There
have been many reports of people running NetBSD/?386 on other Crusoe
machines, however.

 Thor Lancelot Simon