Subject: Re: DVD Copier for a few pennies
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Brian McGroarty <brian@robotattack.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/22/2002 08:21:43
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:51:11PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:49:43AM +0000, dvdburner@ewasher.org wrote:
> >
> > Why Spend upwards of $4000 on a DVD Burner when we will show you an alternative that will do the exact same thing for only $19.95?
>
> ... That sounds so much like the wonderful "download this piece of software
> to turn your CD reader into a CD writer" a.k.a Trojan...

Looking at the website, I'm guessing the spammer is just collecting
credit card numbers. It's basically an advertising blurb claiming to
do impossible things in software, followed by an insecure form asking
for your address and credit card number.

I plugged in bogus data, including a credit card number without enough
digits, and it claimed a successful order.