Subject: DIAB
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 10/16/2001 21:03:21
Here's an idea for a new port - the DIAB DS90 machines.
They're m68k machines built throughout the eighties and early nineties, until
DIAB was bought by Bull.
The earliest versions are 68000 and 68010 based, but from the DS90/20 on,
they're fully 32-bit. There were single-processor as well as SMP machines. The
top of the range featured four 68040 processors, I think.
The native OS is DNIX, a kind of System V or System III with a real-time
kernel.
Apart from the m68k processor(s), there is/are VME bus(es), SCSI (a Zilog
chip, I think) and some proprietary bus called DB.
I think there is already support for just about every component of the
system spread about the existing ports, save SMP in the relevant models.
The machines themselves are multiuser systems with support for dozens of
terminals given the right expansion cards.

I have a DS90/20 (68020/68581/68881/68450/misc. Zilog) which is gathering
dust. If anyone'd like to make an attempt at a port, it's at your disposal,
but it's a heavy item, so the most sound way to access it would be over the
net. I have a quite stable connection and machines which could act as terminal
servers in that case.

Or you could just stick this info on the relevant pages. =)

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.