Subject: Re: Integraph Series 6700--Port to the dumpster, or worthwile for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 09/01/2001 13:10:48
In article <20010901061945.63509.qmail@web11002.mail.yahoo.com>,
	brianwildasinn@yahoo.com (Brian Wildasinn) writes:
> 6700's, while the lone 6000 doesn't. The 3 big chips
> on those cards have heat sinks--probably a combination
> cpu and two graphic image processors.

This could be a Fairchild CPU module. Such a module would contain the
CPU/FPU chip and two MMU chips (one MMU for data and one for code).
I think the processor manual even contains a description of this module.
People were supposed to buy the module and not the single chips.

> What appears to
> be the bios, or flash rom has stamped on it XLINX, or
> XILINX.

This is a FPGA and probably implements the bus interface.

Regards, Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41