Subject: Re: Integraph Series 6700--Port to the dumpster, or worthwile for NetBSD?
To: Joseph Mallett <jmallett@NewGold.NET>
From: Brian Wildasinn <brianwildasinn@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 08/31/2001 23:19:45
Hey Joe,

Haven't had time to do much viewing--just packing 16
huge cpus and now 8 high-rez monitors was a feat.
However, a quick look shows daughter-cards on all
6700's, while the lone 6000 doesn't. The 3 big chips
on those cards have heat sinks--probably a combination
cpu and two graphic image processors. What appears to
be the bios, or flash rom has stamped on it XLINX, or
XILINX.

Well that's all my recollection at the moment--I
chucled at how huge the cards are. About 5-6 cards fit
into the mainboard, each card is the size of my old
486 mobos.

A musium photo-shoot will have to wait awhile, since I
just forked over $300 on textbooks with assignment due
next Friday. I probably won't be in archaeologist mode
until next summer. Oh, by the way, the 6000 date stamp
on the case is 1990. The 6700's all say 1993.

Ciao,

Brian