Subject: Re: Integraph Series 6700--Port to the dumpster, or worthwile for NetBSD?
To: Joseph Mallett <jmallett@NewGold.NET>
From: Brian Wildasinn <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 08/31/2001 23:19:45
Hey Joe,

Haven't had time to do much viewing--just packing 16
huge cpus and now 8 high-rez monitors was a feat.
However, a quick look shows daughter-cards on all
6700's, while the lone 6000 doesn't. The 3 big chips
on those cards have heat sinks--probably a combination
cpu and two graphic image processors. What appears to
be the bios, or flash rom has stamped on it XLINX, or

Well that's all my recollection at the moment--I
chucled at how huge the cards are. About 5-6 cards fit
into the mainboard, each card is the size of my old
486 mobos.

A musium photo-shoot will have to wait awhile, since I
just forked over $300 on textbooks with assignment due
next Friday. I probably won't be in archaeologist mode
until next summer. Oh, by the way, the 6000 date stamp
on the case is 1990. The 6700's all say 1993.