Subject: Re: Integraph Series 6700--Port to the dumpster, or worthwile for
To: Joseph Mallett <jmallett@NewGold.NET>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 08/30/2001 11:02:18
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Joseph Mallett wrote:

> > > 15 Intergraph> Series 6700 CAD/CAM stations...

> What kind of processor is this?

If these were running CLIX, these would have Intergraph's proprietary
Clipper chip as the CPU. Information on these has never been widely
available, as far as I know.

There's currently no NetBSD port, nor have I ever heard of anybody working
on one. I don't know the current state of Clipper support in gcc, but gcc
did support the Clipper at one point, so a port may not be impossible. But
unless you can dig up some proper technical specs, it won't be easy.

The Clipper is completely EOL now (Intergraph switched to using Intel
processors and Windows NT years ago), so there's no real reason they
shouldn't turn over all the technical docs they have. But then again,
typically companies don't do this regardless, so I wouldn't get your
hopes up.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org