Subject: Re: NetBsd on MMU-less CPU's
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 07/12/2001 00:17:57
[ On Wednesday, July 11, 2001 at 14:45:08 (-0500), John Maier wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: NetBsd on MMU-less CPU's
>
> > NCD's HMX model X11 terminal uses dynamic loading of extensions (eg. the
> > setup tool, the mpeg video player, etc. -- there are about 35 modules in
> > the release I have for mine).  The HMX is a MIPS R3000_BE though so it
> > might have an MMU.  It does work quite well, even when you have it load
> > the modules with TFTP.
>
> NCD's docs show the HMX to be a MIPS R4600 @ 100Mhz and the pro at 133 Mhz.

Hmmm... all I know is:

# file /usr/tftpboot/Xncdhmx
/usr/tftpboot/Xncdhmx:        ELF 32-bit MSB executable, MIPS R3000_BE, version 1

If this 19" monitor wasn't so blasted heavy (and covered in so many
trinkets and spare parts) I'd lift it off and see for sure!  ;-)

But you're right, there are other places on the net too where it is
claimed the R4600 is the processor....

--
							Greg A. Woods