Subject: Re: NetBsd on MMU-less CPU's
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 06/09/2001 12:46:05
[ On Saturday, June 9, 2001 at 14:11:45 (+0900), Toru Nishimura wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: NetBsd on MMU-less CPU's
>
> Well I happen to know Xterminal software which was capable of 'dynamic
> total size of fully featured binary was not pleasant for average
> users.  Then software team developed a way to achieve dynamic loading
> of separate modules devided by X11 extentions.  I have no detail how
> it was done except that gcc/ld was used.  It worked charmingly.

NCD's HMX model X11 terminal uses dynamic loading of extensions (eg. the
setup tool, the mpeg video player, etc. -- there are about 35 modules in
the release I have for mine).  The HMX is a MIPS R3000_BE though so it
might have an MMU.  It does work quite well, even when you have it load
the modules with TFTP.

--
							Greg A. Woods