Subject: NetBSD port for RS/6000?
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Singles <packrats@mindspring.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 05/08/2001 21:08:26
Hello,

I recently came across an IBM RS/6000 machine (Type 7012) very inexpensively
that I thought I might put to work with some flavor of open-sourced Unix.
So far, aside from basic peripheral specs, I have been able to dig up *very
little* info on the system.  Not even the exact processor type used.

Perhaps this is why I'm having trouble finding a port of any Unix-like OS
besides IBM's AIX (of which I know nothing).  Anyway, if you have any info
relating to installing NetBSD or some other open-source OS on an RS/6000,
please point me in that direction.......

My thanks in advance!

Rick
|Real Life:Richard Singles  8^þ Internet Only:packrats@mindspring.com |
|ECS B2000, OS3.1, Phase 5 40MHz 68040/80Mb RAM, Miami Reg, SS 3.9 Reg|
|  Dual 329MB Maxtors, 1GB FH Boat Anchor Seagate, ??MB ZIP, 56K USR  |
       ...Software sings and Hardware hears....         The Church

      MOO! rc5-64.....80....90...R