Subject: Re: porting to a idt rc32332
To: H Girard <henri.girard@sympatico.ca>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/27/2001 10:39:35
henri.girard@sympatico.ca (H Girard) writes:
> I am enquiring about porting netbsd to a idt79s332 eval board for the
> rc32332 ic . My ultimate intent is to design my own board for an embedded
> design I want to undertake after i am successful with the eval board.
>
> Do you know if such a port has been done successfully before .

Looking at the port-mips mailing list archives, it looks like some
work has been done to support the IDT rc32364.

I don't know what the state of that work is, w.r.t. inclusion in the
NetBSD source tree, though, and I don't know how applicable it would
be to the 32332...

In general, there's a lot of MIPS code in the NetBSD sources that can
usually be adapted in a fairly straightforward manner to work on a new
processor.  I'm not the best person to tell you exactly how to do
that, though.

chris