Subject: Re: NetBSD suggested port
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/14/2001 11:34:06
On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 01:40:53PM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:

 > Pop the case on your XD88.  You will probably find that you have
 > an mc88100, but not an mc88200.  NetBSD currently requires hardware
 > memory management support, which is on the mc88200...  :-(

Are you sure?  I'm not sure exactly which models I used, but I definitely
remember running Unix (UTek) on Tektronix workstations when I was at Oregon
State U (we had a pile of them in the Outreach Services office, and they ran
a really ancient version of the X Window System).

I'm pretty sure that UTek had virtual memory :-)  (tho, I don't remember
if it was a BSD system or not).

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>