Subject: Re: NetBSD on Omnibook 300 (i386, 2-8mb ram, vga)
To: Michael Urashka <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 10/28/2000 12:39:07
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Michael Urashka wrote:
>   I was wondering if you happen to know if there's a port of NetBSD for
> the Omnibook 300, or if any other Unix variant can be installed on the DOS
> 5.0-based machine?

I don't know, but if it has a i386 and some RAM (I'm not sure if 2MB are
enough, 4MB should be ~ok), then I'd just try it. Download the floppies
boot1.fs and boot2.fs or maybe even bootlap[12].fs from,
then write them to two floppy disks using rawrite ot rawrite32. Boot the
first floppy, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Some (maybe?) useful links:

 - Hubert

Hubert Feyrer <>