Subject: Re: New port
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Jason R Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 09/13/2000 08:46:33
>  > On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 10:33:39AM +0200, KukatMichael wrote:
>  > > communications controller) with SCSI, 2 serial ports, and LANCE
>  > > ethernet, this controller has its own 68000 and needs an own kernel for
>  > > it. (This could be stolen from the original MUNIX distribution first
>  > > :-).
>  >
>  > A Lance onto which you need to download 68k code to make it go?
>  > That sounds weird..
>
> Not too strange.  Integrated Solutions, Inc. had Ethernet cards
> for their Qbus and VME systems that had LANCE-behind-68000, too.

also i have heard (or read - i dunno that was a while ago) the name
LANCE in reference to VME chassis SBC's when I did military work for the
US. I think they were only using VxWorks _on_those_cards_ (they used
hpux for the SBCs that users interacted with). I will check with some
contacts i have and see if they are still using them.

--
Jason R Fink <jrf@diverge.org> WWWhome <www.diverge.org/jrf>
"Upon completion of maintenance discard spare parts and leftover screws"