Subject: Re: BitchX port
To: Alexander Nazarenko <sasha@ldc.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 07/24/2000 08:20:59
> Is there BitchX port for NetBSD?

I think you're looking for what we call a "package".  netbsd-ports is
for ports of NetBSD to different systems.  Unfortunately, I don't think
we have a general-purpose mailing list for packages, although tech-pkg
is set up for "technical issues relating to the NetBSD package system".

On a quick scan of /usr/pkgsrc, I don't see BitchX as one of our
packages.  I'm not even sure quite what it is...

You might try posting to netbsd-users or netbsd-current (depending
on whether you run a release or a -current snapshot), or possibly
tech-pkg.  When you post, you should mention what version of NetBSD
you're running on which hardware as well as any changes that you
made in order to get BitchX to compile.  Ideally, you could make
a package for it and submit that so that others don't have the same
problems...

Cheers,
-allen