Subject: Re: Thoughts on a port to a virtual machine?
To: John Rudd <jrudd@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 07/20/2000 01:43:52
> Why not run run *BSD on top of windows?

[ long visionary rant deleted ]

IMHO it's a great idea, just not one I feel motivated to contribute to.

I find that I have little trouble juggling my home, work, and two(!)
laptops -- one a Sparcbook with a big disk and 45 minutes of battery,
the other a Workpad z50 with roughly 3 megs of ATA Flash free and 5-15
hours of battery life depending on which batteries I have with me.

Although if you decide you don't like using Java bytecode or SH3 assembly
as your virtual machine instruction format, let me know, I have done quite
a bit of thinking about machine instruction formats because of my day jobs.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com