Subject: Re: 286 Port
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Tenoch?= <tenoch11@yahoo.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 07/15/2000 12:51:20
=09I am not aware of any existing work for the 80286 - I believe
=09the somewhat braindamaged protected mode may be the largest
=09hurdle.

=09If you are just looking for a limited unix like system you might
=09be interested in the linux ELKs project, which aims to provide
=09a very limited linux subset for 8086 CPUs.

=09If you want to port a real 32bit unix to the 80286 then NetBSD
=09is probably your best bet - its focus on clean code and design
=09has already permitted the same code base to be ported to a
=09large set of architectures...

                David/absolute
=09=09=09       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --