Subject: Are ICL DRS servers supported by NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 07/01/2000 03:17:38
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to run NetBSD on the ICL DRS 400,
which I am told is based on a Motorola CPU (possibly the 68k).

I currently have two of these systems with a door on top of them, acting
faithfully as pair of heavy-duty table legs to hold up a few computer
systems and a printer.  =)

The systems in question haven't been booted since I obtained them, but
apparently they run Tahoe (sp?) BSD.  I don't know anything more about
the architecture, except that they have a SCSI controller and a thick
ethernet network interface.  They also weigh an estimated 35kg each.  =)

ICL unforunately no longer seem to know about these old clunkers - I've
searched their websites and scoured with world with Google but without
any success.

If anyone knows anything at all about these old systems, or knows of
anyone who has managed to get NetBSD to boot on one, I'd appreciate
hearing about it.

Regards,

Andrew.

P.S. Please CC me in any replies as I am not subscribed to this list.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                http://www.neep.com.au/

  "Just remember Basil, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
  "Oh, really?  I'd like to meet him ... I could do with a good laugh."
                 [ Sybil and Basil Fawlty, "Fawlty Towers" ]