Subject: Re: arm26 progress (lots)
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 04/24/2000 10:17:59
In article <20000423093535.B1663@dhcp0.wlan.shagadelic.org>,
Jason R Thorpe  <thorpej@zembu.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 04:19:20PM +0100, Ben Harris wrote:
> > Oh, and it's all ELF now.
>
>Our hero!  Good to have an ELF toolchain for the ARM!  I guess this applies
>to the arm32 port, as well?

Sort of.  My binutils is just stock binutils-000413 (i.e. a recent Cygnus
snapshot) configured with --target=arm-acorn-elf.  GCC is gcc-2.95.2 using
arm/netbsd.h with arm/elf.h instead of arm/aout.h (and a few other tweaks).
I suspect in either case, backporting the changes into the standard NetBSD
toolchain will be interesting, and a lot more work than I've done so far.

Oh, and ld.elf_so still needs ARM support.  I didn't want to work on it till
I'd got fork(2) working reliably.

--
Ben Harris