Subject: Re: HP Apollo Series 700
To: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/22/2000 17:32:46
CaptnZilog@aol.com writes:
-                   There currently is an effort going on to port to
- the HP700's, check the "port-hp700" mailing list... and OpenBSD is
- working on a port.  Not sure how far either has gotten at this
- point, but I'm pretty sure they are not what anyone would consider
- a fully functional "port".

	They are both pretty far from being a functional port.
OpenBSD is doing well, and booting to a nfs server on a 712 (and
other platforms).

	 I'm not as far along with the NetBSD work as I would like
(real life keeps intruding.)

	The Linux/parisc folks are also proceeding, but their
focus is on the more recent platforms (A's, C's, etc..)  This is
partially due to the fact that is what HP is giving them to
work on.. Supposibly, they are booting to a ramdisk or nfs
server on the A's..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
  "Linux is something for Windows haters, BSD is something for Unix lovers"