Subject: Re: HP Apollo Series 700
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/22/2000 10:43:50
>> A guy I know got a HP Apollo Series 700 at auction.  I've not had time to

>> look at it and he is clueless when it comes to hardware other than
>> PC/compatible.
>>
>> I see that there are efforts underway for support of the Apollo DNxxxx
>> Workstations, are the two of any relations?

Nope...  the Apollo DN series workstations are pre-HP Apollo systems (before
HP bought out Apollo Computer) and are 68K based systems.  While they are
pretty majorly different, the Apollo DN's are similar in  CPU/speed to the HP
300/400 series systems.

The HP 700 series systems are PA-RISC based systems... and entirely different
beast.  There currently is an effort going on to port to the HP700's, check
the "port-hp700" mailing list... and OpenBSD is working on a port.  Not sure
how far either has gotten at this point, but I'm pretty sure they are not
what anyone would consider a fully functional "port".