Subject: Re: m88k system call convention
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/09/2000 13:50:26
Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com> wrote;

	[ ... mentioning to NCD m88k Xterminal ... ]

> I don't have, or ever expect to have, any 88k machines except my NCD
> xterms or that I'd have the time or need to work on such compatability
> if I did run one.

NCD m88k box has no CMMU inside.  The hardware designer was proudful
of he eliminated two large chips from PCB.  It's not known how the
design related with MVME197.  The company once planed to release
'Xterminal server', which was Motolora m88k UNIX to host various
network services (imagine Digital's VAX powered InfoServer and VXTs),
but the plan was cancelled.  Original NCD m88k Xterm is housed with
low profile box for the abandoned m88k UNIX.

Tohru Nishimura