Subject: Re: Would like to port to The ppc chrp compliant board of silicon
To: Akhar <akhar@videotron.ca>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/26/2000 10:34:40
On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Akhar wrote:

> I would like to port NetBSD to the silicon fruit ppc motherboard but do not know where to start. Could you indicate me the steps to follow or maybe links that can explain how I can achieve this port? I wnat to do this in a purely edicationnal purpose
> Thank you in advance
> Stephane Jolicoeur

Look at port/ofppc . If the board is really chrp compliant and has good of
drivers, use it.

Otherwise, look at macppc and bebox. They are the other two ppc ports.
Oh, and sys/arch/powerpc is full of ppc-specific things shared by all
powerpc ports.

You also need to learn what devices are on the board.

Take care,

Bill