Subject: i960 port
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: t12 <t12@tacticalstrike.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/22/2000 01:38:13
'lo there.
Just was reading up on possible plans to start supporting i960 devices.

While I dont have the coding skills to help on that aspect, I can get
ahold a few i960 devices and donate them, if anyone would like.

Namely the HP Envijez p series, the local computer surplus has a few of
these, and i've ripped them apart and seen i960's in them.

One intresting application unit may be the Alcatel1000 (a dsl modem,
distributed by PacBellInternet among others). These are odd machines, and
I personally doubt that Alcatel would be much help, but a port that
operates on that would be intresting. It already seems to run some sort of
very-unixish microkernel, which you can vaguely access on the newer
versions (tftp/ftp/telnet/http to 10.0.0.138) So I'd imagine this is
possible, though tough. I bet theres warehouses of alcatel1000's lying
around tho.

Just drop an email if i can be of any help with this hardware wise.

thanx,
-t12