Subject: Re: KDE question?
To: Andrew Todorov <>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/18/2000 22:58:20
Andrew Todorov wrote
[Charset koi8-r unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> I installed KDE to my NetBSD with PKG program but don't know the script file that must be change to start using the KDE.Where can I read more about it ?
> Thank's for help!!!

I did the following...

In /etc/rc.conf edit the line which contains the xdm option to
xdm=YES                  xdm_flags=""            # x11 display manager

and in /etc/rc edit and change xdm to kdm see below
# xdm after wscons - need a virtual screen for X
if checkyesno xdm; then
        echo 'starting kdm'
kdm $xdm_flags

Hope this helps....

cheerio Berndt
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  :             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes
ICQ     : 18196098                     |  VK5ABN, Nairne, South Australia
URL     : | MBOX :
Sysinfo : DEC AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.4    | BBS  : vk5abn.#lmr.#sa.aus.oc