Subject: Re: Recent Status (was: HPPA Port Interest.)
To: None <>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/08/2000 11:35:17
Michael Shalayeff writes:
- re
- 1. to build cross-tools using some checked out sources, make sure your
- current running system is built from those same sorces.
- in particular your libiberty is out of sync here.

	Ah, that explains it.. I'll have to go build a machine
that can run current (the current system is used in support of
commercial products, and can't track current.)

- 2. to setup a serial console that way it would require having a monitor
- anyway, so why not use it? (:

	Yup, it requires a monitor for a few minutes, but then
the test machine can go in my test rack, and be attached via my
console server..  Fewer monitors in this little 10'x10' room
(with 20+ computers) is a good thing.. :-)

- once you mentioned netbsd/hppa is it available anywhere?

	Right now, it is mostly vaporware.  Hopefully we'll get
somewhere beyond that moderately fast..

Eric Schnoebelen
    "Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not
	smart enough to know they were impossible." -- Doug Larson