Subject: Re: Recent Status (was: HPPA Port Interest.)
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <email@example.com>
Date: 01/08/2000 11:35:17
Michael Shalayeff writes:
- 1. to build cross-tools using some checked out sources, make sure your
- current running system is built from those same sorces.
- in particular your libiberty is out of sync here.
Ah, that explains it.. I'll have to go build a machine
that can run current (the current system is used in support of
commercial products, and can't track current.)
- 2. to setup a serial console that way it would require having a monitor
- anyway, so why not use it? (:
Yup, it requires a monitor for a few minutes, but then
the test machine can go in my test rack, and be attached via my
console server.. Fewer monitors in this little 10'x10' room
(with 20+ computers) is a good thing.. :-)
- once you mentioned netbsd/hppa is it available anywhere?
Right now, it is mostly vaporware. Hopefully we'll get
somewhere beyond that moderately fast..
Eric Schnoebelen firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.cirr.com
"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not
smart enough to know they were impossible." -- Doug Larson