Subject: Re: Recent Status (was: HPPA Port Interest.)
To: None <mickey@openbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/08/2000 11:35:17
Michael Shalayeff writes:
- re
- 1. to build cross-tools using some checked out sources, make sure your
- current running system is built from those same sorces.
- in particular your libiberty is out of sync here.

	Ah, that explains it.. I'll have to go build a machine
that can run current (the current system is used in support of
commercial products, and can't track current.)

- 2. to setup a serial console that way it would require having a monitor
- anyway, so why not use it? (:

	Yup, it requires a monitor for a few minutes, but then
the test machine can go in my test rack, and be attached via my
console server..  Fewer monitors in this little 10'x10' room
(with 20+ computers) is a good thing.. :-)

- once you mentioned netbsd/hppa is it available anywhere?

	Right now, it is mostly vaporware.  Hopefully we'll get
somewhere beyond that moderately fast..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    "Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not