Subject: Re: Recent Status (was: HPPA Port Interest.)
To: None <mickey@openbsd.org>
From: Todd T. Fries <todd@fries.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/08/2000 00:24:56
Ahoy!

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 12:49:49AM -0500, Michael Shalayeff wrote:
> 2. to setup a serial console that way it would require having a monitor
> anyway, so why not use it? (:
..
> > 	Executing the following command:
> > 		sudo make TARGET=hppa cross-tools
One thing that I was told time and time again, but never remembered to do,
is to edit src/gnu/egcs/gcc/Makefile.in and disable in some way the
LIBGCC1_TEST .. that will give you an error about libgcc1 test failing if
you fail to comment and/or disable that test ..

> > - fyi, 712 does not support serial console.
> >
> > 	Actually, it does, although not in a natural, intuitive way.
> > Inside HP, they have/had a large number of them set up headless
> > for various purposes.  However, it is not a configuration
> > supported outside of HP.

Very useful info, about the serial console.  Now, does it stay
set once set?  Aka across reboots, it'll stay around?

--
Todd Fries .. todd@fries.net