Subject: Re: HPPA Port Interest.....
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Michael Shalayeff <mickey@lucifier.dial-up.user.akula.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/07/2000 23:28:53
Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Eric Schnoebelen:

> David Brownlee writes:
> - On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
> - > non-existant archives index.  (are there archives?)
> - >
> - > 	Personally, I'd love to see the old mail about the hp700
> - > port, just to see if there is anything there to leverage..
> -
> - 	It looks pretty feasible - will see what I can do.
>
> 	The current archive starts in January 2000.. If there's
> older archives around, I'd sure love to see them! :-)
>
> - 	Any status updates from people out there - anyone willing to
> - 	manage the pge that lists status and info?
>
> 	Well, I'm probably not up to a page, but I can provide
> this status update from here:
>
> 	I noticed that Mickey on the OpenBSD project updated the
> OpenBSD tree a bit.  I _still_ wasn't able to get a cross
> compiler to build on my OpenBSD/sparc system, so I haven't gone
> too much farther down that path..  I did make one (perverse)
> attempt to build the OpenBSD tree using my existing mkLinux/hppa
> box and its compiler, but that rapidly came up against the expectation
> of a couple of the directories taht they were running on an
> OpenBSD system..
cross-tools builds just fine on i386 and sparc.
can you describe your problems before stating it does not build?
i can confirm that it builds not only on my machine.

> 	I've tried to boot Mickey's latest OpenBSD/hppa kernel
> on one my 720, with no luck.  I haven't tried to boot anything
> on the `spare' 712, as I haven't gotten it rigged for a serial
> console yet.
720 is stated as _unsupported_ until someone w/ the box
actually work on it. so, whom have you gotten surprised?
fyi, 712 does not support serial console.

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)