Subject: Re: HPPA Port Interest.....
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 12/29/1999 22:34:19
David Brownlee writes:
- On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 eric@cirr.com wrote:
- > 	Many thanks Mouse! However, I've found that there is an existing
- > port-hp700 list at netbsd.org.  I've already subscribed, and suspect
- > that would be a good communications channel, and within an existing
- > structure.. (I'd love to see the archives!)
-
- 	Traditionally the NetBSD project has not opened up a mailing list
- 	until a port is brought into the source tree. Given the
- 	interesting history of port-hp700 and the current situation it
- 	probably makes more sense to open it up (the list of mailing
- 	lists on the website is being updated as I type :)

	I'd love to hear more of the hp700 history..

	On a more serious note, the mailing list page has a
pointer to a non-existant ports page, and a pointer to a
non-existant archives index.  (are there archives?)

	Personally, I'd love to see the old mail about the hp700
port, just to see if there is anything there to leverage..

- > 	I'd be thrilled if you would set them up..  On the other hand,
- > perhaps we should have something closer to a running system before we
- > worry about it.. (or perhaps we should ask `core' if we can start
- > putting fragments of the port into the tree before it runs well/at all.)
-
- 	I believe the previous metric has been 'at least boots to single
- 	user mode'

	That's what I recall as well.  I wonder if booting to a
miniroot/installation ramdisk would qualify?? (not that I'm
anywhere near _that_ yet, but it seems like a reasonable
target.. :-)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
  Fortune: What I want is all of the power and none of the responsibility.