Subject: Re: HPPA Port Interest.....
To: None <eric@cirr.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 12/29/1999 02:23:11
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 eric@cirr.com wrote:

> 	Many thanks Mouse! However, I've found that there is an existing
> port-hp700 list at netbsd.org.  I've already subscribed, and suspect
> that would be a good communications channel, and within an existing
> structure.. (I'd love to see the archives!)

	Traditionally the NetBSD project has not opened up a mailing list
	until a port is brought into the source tree. Given the
	interesting history of port-hp700 and the current situation it
	probably makes more sense to open it up (the list of mailing
	lists on the website is being updated as I type :)

> - Date:    Sat, 18 Dec 1999 16:46:14 +0100
> - From:    Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
> - Subject: Re: HPPA Port Interest...
> -
> - Another useful communication channel IMHO is an easy to update
> - WWW-site to collect the info and initial experience. We already
> - host quite a set of virtual WWW-sites and WWW-mirrors (see:
> - http://www.pasta.cs.uit.no/Pasta/virtual.html), so adding one
> - is little work. For such a preliminary NetBSD-hppa site I would
> - like then to make a similar setup as we have for our local project
> - sites, i.e. have apache serve it's WWW-pages from a CVS-repository.
>
> 	Sounds like a plan..

	Any luck on this Feico? - I'll be glad to add a link to your
	pages from the main netbsd www site..

> 	I'd be thrilled if you would set them up..  On the other hand,
> perhaps we should have something closer to a running system before we
> worry about it.. (or perhaps we should ask `core' if we can start
> putting fragments of the port into the tree before it runs well/at all.)

	I believe the previous metric has been 'at least boots to single
	user mode'

		David/absolute