Subject: Re: NetBSD/m88k -- was: NetBSD/luna68k
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 12/22/1999 04:29:55
On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 06:12:00PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> A few asked me about the possible NetBSD/luna88k port.
>
> I have one luna88k unit at hand, and I successfully woke the unit
> after 3.5 year deep sleep.
>
> I took a glance at Mach3 MK84 luna88k and OpenBSD/mvme88k, and
> concluded that a plently of work has to be done for modern pmap on
> UVM.  I think there is no unknown about the peripheral hardwares.
>
> The porting effort will begin next month keeping NetBSD/mvme88k
> compatiblity in mind.

Hooray!  There seems to be quite a bit of Data General Aviion hardware
lying fallow around here (at least one major bank is clearing out quite
a bit of it) and, assuming the peripherals aren't totally insane, this
would make a port to those boxes much easier, too...

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"