Subject: Re: HPPA Port Interest...
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 12/18/1999 17:01:16
On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 11:00:25PM -0600, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:

> Feico Dillema writes:
> - Anyway, for a NetBSD-port; should we start on what's there from
> - OpenBSD, i.e. help that porting effort further and later with the
> - gained experience and knowledge move to a NetBSD port. Or does
> - it make more sense to start directly now on getting a kernel
> - to boot on these machines from NetBSD-sources.
>
> 	Well, it had been my plan to work from the OpenBSD
> sources and get something working, later backporting it to
> NetBSD (the two OS's don't appear to have diverged _that_ much
> yet..)

I've integrated back the OpenBSD pmap and bootstrap to a NetBSD kernel
a few months ago (pre-UVM), then I stopped working on it when I realised that
OpenBSD didn't work on my machines as well, and that getting it to work would
require large changes to the bootstrap and I didn't have time nor docs to do
it at the time.

I can provide you all my sources if you want.
What HP model do you have ? Maybe it'll boot on your machines ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>