Subject: Re: HPPA Port Interest...
To: None <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: David Edwards <dpe@clark.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 12/16/1999 08:46:15
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Feico Dillema wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> At the computer science department of the University of Troms=F8, Norway
> we have a few dozen HPPA machines that will be phased out in the next
> few weeks. Reason is they run HPUX 9 which is not Y2K compliant and
> this will not be fixed. They won't be upgraded to HPUX 10 either, but
> instead will be phased out. If we have no free OS available for these
> machines to run, they will be send to our computer graveyard. I'm=20
> interested in keeping these machines alive in order to use them as
> `basement-servers' in our home networks for example.
<MUNCH>

There is an ongoing Linux port to the PA-RISC architecture... If you
decide to port FreeBSD, that would probably be a good place to look for
machine information. (I could be entirely wrong, but I think it's yet
another incarnation of MkLinux, Linux on Mach, so you may end up needing
to look at Mach, too.)