Subject: Re: netbsd
To: Jim Reid <jim@mpn.cp.philips.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 11/16/1999 12:58:30
Jim Reid writes:
- >>>>> "Eric" == Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com> writes:
-     Eric> This has been on my todo list for several years now.. :-(
-
- The guys at the University of Utah - they did the original hp300 port
- of BSD4.[34] - did do a sort of port of BSD to the HPPA. IIRC, there's
- some reference to their code on the NetBSD web site.

	Yup, that too is on my references list..

	However, the BSD4.[34]/HPPA code was encumbered, and has
never been released to the public.  The Folks at Utah also did
Mach/HPPA work as well, and _that_ is available (and I believe
makes up some of the MACH kernel done by OSF for mkLinux/hppa
and mach/hppa work.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen	eric@cirr.com			http://www.cirr.com
	"...Microsoft is to software what Miller (and the other big