Subject: Re: SGI port?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 06/27/1997 18:16:34
>On Alpha-the-cpu, or on DEC machines based on Alpha processors?  I know
>a site running a dual-processor 2100 (I think); would I be able to get
>the info necessary to write an OS for it without having to go into
>nondisclosure?  If not, they haven't really improved anything.

Well, I can't speak for _all_ Alpha machines (because I haven't checked
on them all) ... but for the DEC 3000 that I have on my desk here,
there is a good-sized manual that tells you a _lot_ of info about the
hardware; it might not be enough to have you write your own OS for it,
but it's definately in the right direction.  I dunno if this is available
for all DEC machines, though.

--Ken