Subject: MkLinux for HP PA-RISC available
To: None <netbsd-ports@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 05/05/1997 21:20:07
I thought some folks here might be interested in this...  I don't know
if the folk(s) working on the HP-PA port of NetBSD might already know.

-----Forwarded message from MkLinux Team Account <mklteam@mklinux.apple.com>-----

Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 17:26:25 -0700
From: MkLinux Team Account <mklteam@mklinux.apple.com>

Here's an announcement from The Open Group regarding MkLinux on HP PA-RISC.

We are very pleased to see that HP and The Open Group are able to bring
this effort to the computing community.  This work benefits everyone.

The MkLinux Team
From: James Loveluck <loveluck@gr.osf.org>

The Open Group Research Institute is making available the first
snapshot of the MkLinux system for the PA-RISC.

MkLinux is the micro kernel based version of the Linux system. It is
source compatible with the Linux commands using the RPM package
manager.

The MkLinux for PA-RISC distribution provides a bootable system with
X11R6, the sources for the Open Group Research Institute Microkernel and
the Linux server, together with the installation notes.

The snapshot is available from The Open Group Software Mall at:

        http://www.osf.org/mall/os/

You can find more information on MkLinux on our Web pages:

        http://www.gr.osf.org/mklinux.

Please note that this is only the first snapshot: although the system
is robust enough to rebuild on itself, it is still not bullet proof and
some functionalities are still missing.

A mailing list is available for bug reports or fixes:

        mklinux-pa@gr.osf.org

To subscribe to the mailing list, send email to:

        mklinux-pa-request@gr.osf.org

with a "subscribe" message body.

--
Gilbert Coville		coville@apple.com	+1 408-974-7893