Subject: Re: Ports?
To: Mark Brinicombe <>
From: Chris G Demetriou <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 08/23/1996 12:39:21
> Guenther Grau <> wrote:
> >support for HP's PA is completely
> >missing. I think that someone started a port but didn't finish it.
> Anyone one who this was or if there is much info kicking around.

Utah started a port of BSD4.x to the hp700, but it wasn't releasable
because of driver copyright issues.

Later, they ported Mach to the 700, and that code is freely

for more information about it.

For a while, David Mazieres <> was working on
integrating/porting the hp700 mach code to NetBSD, but he never got
that far.  As i recall, he got a build environment going, got a kernel
to link, but didn't get very far beyond that.  He might be able to
provide a copy of his development setup to somebody wishing to
continue development, but i can't say for sure.  The last i heard from
him about it was in April of last year, when he was about to leave
for a summer internship and wasn't expecting to have much more
time to work on the port.