Subject: Re: Ports?
To: None <netbsd-ports@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 08/16/1996 18:46:21
Hi,

> I'm just curious about the NetBSD-project. What more than the current
> ports are planned?

Hmm, there is a port of NetBSD for the PowerPC underway. I don't know
what architectures will finally be supported, but I guess most of them
(i.e. Apples PowerMacs and PREP/PPCP computers, maybe a Be-port, IBM-RS6000,
Motorolas PowerStack, maybe Acorn and Amiga, if they migrate to PowerPC)

Other than that, I don't know of anybody else working on anything, but
that doesn't mean that noone is working on it. There are mainly two
big architectures missing: HP-PA and SGI. While we have support for
MIPS based machines in our tree, support for HP's PA is completely
missing. I think that someone started a port but didn't finish it.
Also,  support for MIPS based SNI RM-machines is missing, but is unlikely
to happen as these machines are only common in europe.

  Guenther