Subject: Re: BeBox status?
To: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cygnus.com>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 04/13/1996 03:50:45
In message <199601160126.RAA14045@rtl.cygnus.com>, "J.T. Conklin" writes:
>Michael> JT, has there been any reply about the possibility of
>Michael> machines being donated?
>
>Only that we've be put on a list of developers/organizations to be
>considered.

I assume nothing has happened since then? I just got back from the
charter meeting of the Boston Be Users Group-- I think I heard some
shouts from other NetBSD people there.. :) I had a chance to talk to
Mark Gonzales, Be's Director of Developer Relations and Marketing, and
it seems there may have been some confusion when C.K. Haun left Be.

Mark suggested I send him mail next week to remind him of the NetBSD
Foundation's interest. JT, do you still have a copy of the letter you
sent, or would you draft another one? Be is going through another
round of acquiring funds from investors, and recently received $4
million from one, so I'm optimisitc that we can make something happen
here.

:: Mike ::