Subject: Re: Prime or Mips anyone?
To: Andy Smith <abs@maunsell.co.uk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 03/15/1996 11:36:34
On Fri, 15 Mar 1996 14:31:51 +0000 (GMT)
 Andy Smith <abs@maunsell.co.uk> wrote:

 > My firm is decommissioning a Prime EXL, which is basically a re-badged
 > Mips 3000.  I have a hare brained notion to make a bid for it for myself
 > at home.  It is currently running RISCos (4_52), does anyone know if there
 > has been any work on a NetBSD port to the Mips?

Per Folgestrom has ported NetBSD to the Acer PICA, and NetBSD also
currently has a port to the DECstation platforms.  Both are MIPS-cpu
based systems.

It might not be that hard to get NetBSD working on the system you
mention, though not having much first-hand knowledge of it, I couldn't
say for sure ... Per and Jonathan (the NetBSD/pmax guy) would be more
authoritative in this respect :-)