Subject: NetBSD/next (was: Re: NeXTBSD - 4.4BSD for NeXTstep machines)
To: None <netbsd-ports@NetBSD.ORG, rankin@ewl.uky.edu>
From: Christian Kuhtz <chk@psisa.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/07/1996 10:23:50
Hi there:

I'm already working on parts of what may be the start of a port at some
point (evaluating feasibility and planning) and am looking for others
willing to help. I'm currently looking at ripping some of the Plan9
pieces out and recycling them for NetBSD/next. Or at least intelligently
learning from Plan9. (Plan9 has been ported to the NeXT platform and the
also support the mono graphics). Btw: we should just call it
NetBSD/next. The long name is silly.
We may even want to look in running a NetBSD server on top of an OSF 6.1
mk (if Linux can, we more than surely can do the same). Or some sort of
multiprocessing with other CPU boards in a cube.
We should probably forget about making the NeXTdimension work for now,
its a complete nutcase, uhm, porting project, in itself.
Anyone else interested and willing to work on this?

Let's get this off the ground!

Chris

 | _ \/ __/|  \   Christian Kuhtz, Pencom Systems Administration Group
 |  _/\__ \| \ \  <chk@psa.pencom.com>                  (303) 924-0510
 |_|  /___/|_|__\ on-site at IBM Government Systems, Boulder, Colorado