Subject: Re: Port to PowerPC Platforms
To: Daniel Gerald Kluge <daniel@vis.inf.ethz.ch>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.BLACKSBURG.VA.US>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 01/22/1996 00:41:05
> I hope this is the right forum for this question..

I don't know of a better one.

> I'd like to know, if there are any efforts underway to port NetBSD
> to some PowerPC Platform (PreP, CHrP, Whateverfunnyreferencearchitecture)

There is some work for several systems in progress, but nothing that's
at a stage where anyone wants to point to it...  ;-)

The PowerPC Platform (PPCP/CHRP) looks quite interesting.
Unfortunately, the only hardware that I personally have
is a PowerMac 8500 so that's what I'm working on.

If you would buy a Mac if you could run NetBSD on it,
please take a look at
	URL:http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/openmac/500.html

We're trying to send a message to Apple that there is a market for a
free OS running on their hardware in the hopes that they might actually
give us some support.

Cheers,
-allen

--