Subject: Re: setproctitle() and PS_STRINGS
To: Mike Hibler <email@example.com>
From: Data In~rte~vgri}ity EnginNO CARRIER <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
Date: 10/25/1995 09:26:00
#define AUTHOR "firstname.lastname@example.org (Mike Hibler)"
* I'm not sure what the best alternative is. One possibility is to compute
* the location at startup time based on the initial SP value and store that
* in some magic variable (ala "environ"). Urk!
* ...or you could use a syscall to get the location. Blech!
* ...or you could heuristically determine its value based on the current SP
* value or some other known value (e.g., environ). Gag!
Of all these, using a syscall seems the most stable.
#undef AUTHOR /* "email@example.com (Mike Hibler)" */
[ ] PEACE [ ] FREEDOM Pick one.