Subject: RE: NetBSD on a prime
To: 'netbsd-ports' <netbsd-ports@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 06/27/1995 08:44:00
Ah, the venerable Prime, can't tell you if a port is on the way, but I know
the company folded a few years back.  (musing on) Prime/Primos was my first
taste of mult-processor technology, at Southwest Baptist University (a small
college in SW Missouri).  If I remember, it had 8 megs and would allocate a
whole 64k/person and cranked a just under 1 MIPS.  I use to pour over the
manuals for hours trying to learn it's deepest secrets.  One night while
trying out various system level commands, the Prime crashed as I pressed the
enter key.  Funny, everyone got up and looked at me.
(musing off)
jam
*       John A. Maier          * Research Assistant For Datastorm    *
* E-mail: johnam@datastorm.com * Technologies Inc. (Procomm Plus)    *
*                              * (314) 443-3283                      *