Subject: Re: Mach port
To: Kenneth Stailey <>
From: John Brezak <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 12/12/1994 08:55:14
> I heard that there is an "offical, unsupported" port of NetBSD to Mach.
> Is this true? Where is it? Is it any good?  How's the performance?
> K/
> /S

At one point the Mach MK83 kernel (no server) did build and boot on NetBSD
around 0.9 or so. Since the off_t changes and probably others, this is no
longer the case, although it should be useful to track this down.

There is a project on-going that is a Mach server/emulator based on 4.4Lite
(LITES). It is fairly far along - boots multiuser, runs NetBSD, FreeBSD,
Mach, and Linux binaries (Linux Doom). The mailing list to get on for this
is "" .

 John Brezak                    UUCP:     uunet!apollo.hp!brezak
 Hewlett Packard/Apollo         Internet:
 300 Apollo Drive               Phone:    (508) 436-4915
 Chelmsford, Massachusetts      Fax:      (508) 436-5140