My name is Kelly Barrett and I work for a contracting firm in San Jose, CA. We are currently working on a NetBSD development position located in Palo Alto.
We have been having some troubles identifying strong candidates. If you or any of your friends are interested in the opportunity please feel free to reach out to me.
The developer can work on-site or remotely if desired.
We are seeking a talented NetBSD software developer interested in helping ship the next generation of Danger’s Sidekick platform. They are looking for someone who has rolled up their sleeves to integrate or modify NetBSD itself and have a working knowledge of the internals of the OS.
NetBSD developers interested in commercializing the NetBSD platform for an embedded mobile computing device, focusing on performance and optimization, bug fixing, and integration with Danger’s higher-level platform code, with an emphasis on kernel and driver support.
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 8+ years experience with C
- Strong understanding of OS concepts (particularly with NetBSD) such as multi-threaded program design and synchronization, processes & memory protection, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of the NetBSD/GNU software development process and embedded development & debugging techniques
- Deep understanding of NetBSD, including timers, RPC, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience with ARM processors highly desirable
Description: Binary data