Subject: System administrator, San Francisco
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <email@example.com>
Date: 11/16/2006 11:08:48
Revision3 Corporation is looking for a system administrator!
It would be great to get someone with a NetBSD background into this
The person filling this position will be responsible, as part of a small
team, for the following:
* Assisting with the building and maintaining of the post-edit process
of encoding videos and making them available for download
* System administration tasks on various MacOS X, Linux/Unix (NetBSD!)
and Windows systems
* Some network equipment and firewall configuration
* Assisting other members of the team with resolving technical problems
* Making minor changes as-needed to our website
* Manage backups of critical data, including periodic testing
* General IT support including phone, email, and network issues
* 2+ years professional experience with UNIX system administration.
MacOS X experience a plus.
* BA/BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
* Familiarity with video encoding standards and tools.
* Familiarity with IP networking and basic network hardware including
switches, routers, and firewalls.
* Good knowledge of at least one common scripting language - perl,
python, lua, Bourne shell. Applescript a plus.
* The ability to work independently, with minimal direction.
* Outstanding problem-solving skills.
Compensation: $50K - $60K, depending on experience
Please send resumes (plaintext preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org