Subject: Looking for talented System Administrators
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Alan Horn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 05/16/2006 18:41:59
* The following will accept individual submission only, no agencies please.
Do you know how difficult it is to find good SAs lately ?
We have several openings for mid- and senior-level Unix sysadmins. We need
people who really *know* (or at least suspect they know) that they're good
compared to the rest of the world.
Surprisingly this is a hard requirement to fill.
BSD experience is a definite thumbs-up (I'm a big NetBSD fan but I don't
mind working with FreeBSD and neither should you if you're interested).
High-uptime, large networks, good perl/sh skills, good communication
skills, most importantly you need to have that love of sysadmin that makes
you a good one.
If you love really understanding how it all works, and still want to be an
SA after figuring it all out, then we want you.
Official job description attached below. If you're interested drop me an
email with a resume. If you know someone who might be interested drop
*them* an email to drop me an email with a resume. Even if you don't meet
the requirements but you think you're good, drop me a resume anyway, we'll
know you when we interview you.
Senior System Administrator
Be a member of a dynamic team that is vital to Yahoo! You will be part of
the System Administration group with global responsibilities. This
position is full-time, located in Sunnyvale, CA.
* Manage all production UNIX systems
* Monitor stability and performance
* Provide support for common and advanced administrative tasks
* Diagnose, correct and document system level problems
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
* 6+ years experience as a Systems Administrator
* Experience in a production service environment
* In depth knowledge of UNIX systems
* In depth knowledge of TCP/IP networks
* Experience with scripting (Perl preferred)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to handle on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
* Strong sense of responsibility, ability to work in a team
environment, helpful can-do attitude