NetBSD-Java archive

Re: openjdk7 in pkgsrc

Java should have a fontdir set and by default tends to look at x font
server or in some standard locations like /usr/share/fonts/font
(something like that). You are probably just seeing the six default
awt fonts.  Check out java_home/jre/lib for more font stuff in java.

Pkgsrc could create a new font config file to look in pkgdirs, but I
think the binary format is proprietary or something.

On 10/20/09, Geert Hendrickx <> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 03:26:31PM +0200, Tobias Nygren wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've imported an experimental source-based JDK package to
>> pkgsrc/lang/openjdk7. Feel free to test and to contribute fixes.
>> It should build on NetBSD>=5 i386 and amd64, native and modular
>>  Support for Linux and DragonFlyBSD will be added soon.
> Hi,
> I've built openjdk7 on NetBSD 5.0_STABLE amd64 with modular xorg from xsrc.
> I'm running pkgsrc/www/paros with it, but the fonts look really ugly.
> Please
> have a look at the attached screenshots; one is with wip/jdk16 (or
> wip/jdk15)
> and the other with lang/openjdk7.
> I suspect a fontconfig issue (base vs pkgsrc fontconfig configuration?) but
> `ldd` shows both java binaries are linked only to libc and libpthread?
>       Geert
> --
> Geert Hendrickx  -=-  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F
> This e-mail was composed using 100% recycled spam messages!

Sent from my mobile device