Subject: native JDK for NetBSD??
To: None <>
From: Roman Kennke <>
List: netbsd-java
Date: 01/29/2005 22:30:53

Hi there,

I read that the native JDK for FreeBSD now supports NetBSD as well. It
is not in the pkgsrc tree though. Is this going to happen anytime soon?
I must admit that I haven't tried to compile it manually, I thought I
would ask first, maybe somebody is working on it...?

The reason I ask is, I try to get NetBeans to work with NetBSD, but I
have no luck with the Sun-JDK in Linux emulation. It starts up, but then
makes lots of problems with accessing files. See my postings in
netbsd-help if interested in the details. I think a NetBSD native JDK
would help solve these issues.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)